04 January 2013
KOKOMO, Ind. – After three weeks of winter break, classes will resume at Indiana University Kokomo on Monday, January 7. The campus is gearing up for Welcome Week "snacktivities" as well as an assortment of activities to kick off spring semester.
"Snacktivities" are free food giveaways, sponsored by the Student Government Association, in Alumni Hall. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, January 7, 11 a.m. to 1p.m.: Chili and grilled cheese
- Tuesday, January 8, 8 to 10 a.m.: Biscuits and gravy
- Wednesday, January 9, 4 to 6 p.m.: Walking tacos
- Thursday, January 10, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Hot chocolate bar with cookies, brownies, and coffee
In addition, Student Union Board will bring great entertainment to round out the week. On Thursday, January 10, from 12 to 4 p.m., students can enjoy "Silhouettes" by Kathryn, who will produce an outstanding, personalized silhouette in 90 seconds. This activity will be in Alumni Hall next to the hot chocolate bar.
The Library will be open with regular hours during Welcome Week:
- Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 12 to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m.
The Barnes & Noble bookstore will have extended hours during Welcome Week to better assist students with buying and renting books. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday and Tuesday, 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cougar Country Café will be open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Friday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Story written by Mary Olk. Mary is a senior majoring in communications arts and works in the Office of Media and Marketing.
Indiana University Kokomo serves north central Indiana.